(Originally Posted 14th May 07)
In what may or may not become a regular thing for me here, just thought I'd put forward an offering for things I'd put into Room 101 if given the opportunity.
I've decided that the first thing I want stuffed firmly into room 101 is millionaires that sell loans. Loan adverts are bad enough, and I don't like them either, I particulary hate the picture it loans where they get to the point when they say how much they want to loan (usually £25,000) and then mouth it to their other half as if they weren't quite sure that's the amount they wanted in the first place! As my friend Joe correctly said during a discussion about this, "You're not ordering a f****n' pizza!" However, I do accept that people need loans and as such, am not arguing that all loan adverts be binned despite their lameness.
No, I argue that Carol Vorderman telling me how sometimes you need that little bit extra to get you through a tough patch or whatever crap she's spouting is completely wrong. How can someone who's a multi-millionaire tell me how 'we' sometimes need a bit of extra help? You've all ready got a load of dosh and now you're getting paid even more dosh to sympathise / empathise and help me pick the right loan - I think not. Oh and to you Phil 'Cheeky Chappy' Tuffnel, not it's not bloody "happy days" when I've been given a loan, one suspects that going into thousands of pounds of debt is hardly a call for mass celebrations!
Why do you need some millionaire celebrity to sell your product anyway? Why? Do you think I'm going think, well that Vorderman woman seems ever so nice on Countdown I think I'll use their company and their generous 40%* APR and not go to that other, non celebrity employing loan company and their 3.2%* offering?
And if that isn't enough for you, there's the music that they play in the background. During Vorderman's seemingly hour long make-me-want-to-puke-athon, there's a rubbish little ditty going de do do do, de do do do do do, de de do do do do do-do! Aggggggh!
Anyway. I accept there's a mute button and I accept I can change the channel and I do do that. However, if consigned to room 101 none of us would any longer have to put up with people who are all ready rich procrastinating about the need to borrow some money.
Anyway, that's it for that one.
* Figures not representative of actual figures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment