Monday, March 09, 2009

Dreams

(Originally Posted 28th June 07)

Discussing that last story makes me think about other dreams that I have had and one in particular. I think it is probably my favourite dream of all time, I had it a few times many years ago. And yes, although you may find it hard to believe, my favourite dream does not include any naked women whatsoever – no humans at all come to that (apart from myself).

So the story goes that I’m just driving along on my own in my car (I don’t drive or own a car) along the Menai Straits, I’m driving from south to north on the right hand side of the road. Anyway, there I am driving along (bloody brilliantly too might I add – take that you driving test examiner bitches!) when I notice a big splash out of my window about level to my right shoulder in the river.

I just see the tail of this animal diving back into the water and I’m left in a state of disbelief thinking, what was that? So I carry on driving and pretty quickly again another splash, again about level with my shoulder. This time I see it a bit more clearly but I’m still disbelieving thinking I didn’t just see that, did I?

So my focus is now part on the road and part on the river alongside me (examiner bitches strike back - Fail again!). Then I see it clearly. A killer whale jumping up the river, seemingly swimming alongside my car. At this point I’m thinking this is totally amazing and carry on driving hoping to catch another glimpse. And I do. Then I see another one and another. Eventually it ends up with about a hundred killer whales all swimming up the Menai with me in total awe, driving alongside.

This dream ends when I come to the end of the straight road and it twists inland. I feel all frustrated that I can’t follow the pod any longer and I just watch them continue as they disappear up the Menai and I just feel a little sad, cos I know I’ll never see it ever again.

Then I wake up. And every time I had this dream, the feeling of inner peace when I awoke was nothing like anything I’ve ever had, it’s just a sensational feeling.

Top dream – certainly better than the first time I ever had the heart attack dream anyway – that’s a horrific dream. I’ve had that a lot more than the killer whale dream sadly.

In this dream I’m in bed (in my dream) and then I just have this massive heart attack, my last thought is “No, not like this” then I slump to my right and it all goes black for about five seconds and then I wake up – bloody terrifying that was the first time!

On the plus side, if I do meet my maker via the medium of massive heart attack, I’m going to think I’m dreaming and therefore in no fear that I’m actually dying, despite the fact that I will be! :)

No comments: