(Originally Posted 12th Sept 07)
On Friday, I posted on here about my concerns for staying awake Monday night / Tuesday morning as my team, the San Francisco 49ers were due to kick off at 3:15am.
So, I considered Matt J's somewhat radical idea for staying awake but in the end discarded his dismembering suggestion as I would then have nothing to use to turn the channel over quick enough when Vorderman comes on trying to sell me a loan…
In the end I decided to try and effectively live in a different time zone for one day (US Eastern for anyone that cares!). I completed the hard task first and displayed super human strength is staying in bed until 3pm (UK) and tried to trick my body by having lunch for tea and my tea at around midnight (regular readers may not be surprised to learn that my tea was Ravioli and a Bolognese sauce…mmmmm!)
All the while throughout the day I plied myself with caffeine products, namely coffee and a few cans of red bull – though not at the same time, obviously.
And it worked. Though I’ve got to say that there were times I was sat there thinking that I wish it hadn’t. At 5:52am (UK) Sky’s pundit Nick Halling said “I think this is the second worse game we’ve ever shown”.
My mood was somewhat worsened when some time after that and approaching the end of the game, Arizona (the 49ers opponent) went 17-13 ahead meaning that we would need a touchdown to win. It’s fair to say I was ever so slightly miffed.
Then all of a sudden, at 6:40am(ish) and 2mins and 58 seconds remaining of the game the niners came to life, went 85 yards down the field and scored the winning touchdown with 22 seconds remaining. Huzzah!
I think the next time I might just ensure I have sky + and use that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment