Monday, March 09, 2009

Room 101 - Jeremy Kyle

(Originally Posted 16th March 08)

What an odious, patronising little man he is. Really I know that all I need do is write his name and that'd be enough but I'm going to justify his inclusion anyway.

The main reason I petition for the smarmy, smug, snidey supertwat to go in is because his show basically consists of fine members of the British public (who surely represent a good cross section of society) being asked roughly five questions. Obviously these questions are then refashioned roughly 1000 times.

Then there is his delivery. The way he asks his questions in such a "I'm way smarter than you, I'm ace, behold me for I am Jeremy Kyle" manner is really annoying.

I remember watching a show once where there was this woman on who, it would seem, was not the most mentally gifted of people. (I should note here it was 4am, I couldn't sleep and there was NOTHING on to watch not even some cop show or Judge Judy or something)

Basically she liked a good drink but when she got drunk she was a bit of a tit. Kyle completely bombarded her telling her she was an alcoholic and that she needed to admit she had a problem. Eventually she was patronised into saying she was an alcoholic. I

can see it now at her first AA meeting, my name's Tracy and Jeremy Kyle says I'm an alcoholic!

The point I am making using the above anecdote is that if someone IS an alcoholic, and she may well have been, you can't just humiliate them into saying it. They need to believe it and want to do something about it.

In conclusion he is a supertwat and in he goes!

A friend recently told me that she had been to watch the Jeremy Kyle show live. I responded in the following manner "When you went to see the aforementioned Mr. Kyle were you able to resist the temptation to say Oi! Kyle. Shut up you nobber!"

Apparently she was.

Quite how, I'll never know. Jeremy Kyle for Room 101!

No comments: