Monday, March 09, 2009

Blogathon

Right ok, so inspired by Mr. Maiocco of the 49ers beat reporting fame (http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/03/regularly-scheduled-updates-thoughts-throughout-the-day.html) I’ve decided that as I have no purposeful stuff to do for the next 24 hours that I am going to keep a blog and update it every half hour / or whenever I can be bothered (obviously I will be asleep for a significant period ergo blogging will not occur during this timeframe ). I was going to say something derogatory about my writing here but stuff it!

00.36am – Ok, something nice, personal and fluffy to start with. Belated Birthday mentions to Katy whose birthday was celebrated in total super drunk fashion this weekend in her home town of Manchester (I’m referring to my condition post beer proceedings). Once again my gift giving ability was greatly praised... (to quote the birthday girl herself “you give the best presents”)

What can I say? I rule.

00.47am – Before I publish this and make it live, I’m going to republish the ‘good’ stuff that used to be on my facebook blog starting with the oldest entry first.

01.52am – Sheesh, uploading my facebook blog to here took a while! At last I’ve caught up and everything is updated now though. Maybe some sort of music log is fitting here, god knows what, Kool and the Gang's 'Celebration' seems a tad obvious!

02.06am - Those of you that know me will know that in the last few years I have undertaken a stringent exercise regime which caused me to lose roughly half a person. As I'm sure you will all want fitness updates my current fitness status is as follows:

Putting a bit of weight on due to an over appreciation of Beef Monster Munch, a broken excercise bike at Christmas and an even more recent falling apart of the rowing machine intended to be the bike's replacement. Currently awaiting refund for rower to purchase new bike - feeling a tad tubby.

02.28am - In tribute to Mr. Maiocco, I suppose I should briefly mention the 49ers (are you all asleep? probably for the best!). It seems in Ninerland a lot of people are miffed about not landing a top Free Agent, given that we've not had a winning season for six years (that means winning at least 9 games in any one season for those of you determined enough to carry on!). And there's also the whole Warner thing which dependant on your viewpoint, the Niners looked savvy or a bit dense.

Anyway we have the draft of 2009 to come and assuming the Cards don't wind up with LT (or at least an LT who is not past it) then we might have a chance at the Playoffs in 2009 - not hoping too much though and I promise this is my only NFL post that will occur in my blogathon.

02.55am - Can't belive the troubles have resumed in Ireland. I hope that the miltants really are a fragment of what they once were. I walked past the Arndale Centre yesterday afternoon, the impact of what once happened there was not lost on me. It was really weird though, because I hadn't followed the news for a few days and so what happened over the weekend really shocked me.

03:14am - Going to turn in for the night so likely won't be back until some time tomorrow afternoon, but I will post when I get out of my pit and continue to blog till I turn in for the night tomorrow - hopefully that will be enough for a 24 hour blogathon!

Sweet dreams (or if not sweet, Fonz related!)

11:50am - Just dragged my arse out of bed in time for dinner (yeah dinner - not lunch!). In case any of you are wondering I started this somewhat under the influence but unlike many things I do when drunk, this still seems like a good idea now! There's a couple of things I've written that I'd like to change I suppose but what goes on the blog stays on the blog! :)

12:08pm - Despite being registered on here for years I've never actually thought to try work out how this works before so I'm still trying to do some stuff. Including adding links in the side bar bit as you really all should check out http://www.rantamatt.blogspot.com/

12:26pm - I've now had a discussion with another blog person and have been instructed as to what to do to edit the links. As soon as my fragile little mind understands such complexities I'll be doing that.

12:51pm - Not so dense after all! To edit my links I had to first upgrade my template - not a big fan of this current format so for the next half an hour I'll likely be looking at new templates for you to view this wonderpiece of journalistic magnificence in a more aestheticly pleasing manner...

01:09pm - Decisions decisions, do I go 24 hour clock or not? I've gone for the easier to view 12 hour prefix though I'm not sure if it would have more artistic value if I went 24 hours. Not changed the template yet as I was called away on, err, urgent business.

01:23pm - Ok I know I said what goes on the blog stays on the blog and I know I'm likely admitting this to nobody but I'm gonna fess up anyway. I've edited some of my initial ramblings from last night as I just wasn't comfortable with the language, I'm capable enough to be able to express myself without swearing and I don't think it adds anything to the written form. I was only sweary because I was somewhat inebriated you understand and so I can't guarantee that I won't 'booze n blog' in the future and not be sweary, though I will try!

01:48pm - Despite my blog title I don't fish. I haven't fished since I was a teenager down the local park where I once caught a trout weighing about 1-2lbs! A truly monmuental moment in my life.

02:07pm - In a vague fishy / watery way, I was reading about Rodney, Mississipi yesterday. Interesting that what once nearly became the state capital is now an abandoned ghost town - I fully expect it to feature on some sort of show at some point probably called "Redirected River Traumas" or some such title.

02:35pm - I had something all worked out in my mind for this entry but I've forgotten it as I wrote an email to a mate and distracted myself. I've still not looked at changing the template yet so I'd better do that before the wind changes and it stays like this.

02:58pm - Still not sold on the template but I'll stick with it for now. No more template talk now as this isn't template watch! Just trying to find a video on you tube for your viewing pleasure but I can't seem to get video on here - so that's my new blog project!

03:16pm - This is a test, sorry it's not exactly original video that you won't all ready have seen:





03:34pm - Well I'm well over half way in my blogathon and I'm not tiring yet (I can hear you groaning - quiet at the back!). My search for a particular video has been thwarted and so that ends that for now but at least I know how to embed now, how cool am I? What do you mean not very!?

03:58pm - Suddenly run into a wall and writer's block has struck. So I'm going to make this entry about the fact that I can't think of anything to write for this entry thus giving me something to write about in this entry.

04:20pm - Just found this - loving the lunatic ninja comment at the end - top job. I love funny stories like this and stuff you read about in the darwin awards. It also reminds me of the following article that my ex-boss found on her travels in The Gambia.

04:29pm - I can't get the picture to not appear at the top so I can't include it (and my tech monkey currently isn't available on Messenger). Anyway, it was about a bloke being arrested for being drunk in charge of a Camel and it was ace. Ahh well - my favourtie headline of all time remains "Cow Found Dead in River" - was it just an accident or perhaps fowl play (oof bad pun, sorry), I never did find out.

05:00pm - Off now to make my tea. I'd like to act like I'm some sort of culinary genius but I'm not - tonight's fare will be brought to me by the Bertolli's secret family recipie sauce, Tesco's finest pasta shells and some meatballs, presumably courtesy of some pig or cow.

That's not to say I can't cook, I can, best beans on toast you'll ever have! Other feats of cooking greatness include Lasagne, a Sunday Roast and err...err...I'll get back to you!

05:42pm - The belly is all full and I'm feeling contented and am off to make coffee no. 9,787 of the day shortly. Whilst I was slaving over the hot cooker, I was thinking about whether the meatballs were from a pig or a cow and then pondered over the combination of the two. Matt J who I referenced earlier is always up for discussing combo creatures and so this led me to come up with the Picow for all your meat eating needs. I did put something that could be considered slander here and so have remoooooved it as I don't want to have any beef with anyone or be up for the chop...*gets slapped across face* yes, sorry.

06:07pm - Musical Interlude:



It's a bloke called Josh Rouse, I only know one other person who is a fan of his work so I expect to get slated - I'll redress the balance with a bit of metal later but as I've spent much of the day hungover, Josh is the man for this occassion.

06:36pm - I've gone nearly 2 months now without buying myself anything (apart from beer, lots of beer to be fair) as I've been pooling my resources into my attempts to become a motorist. I recently purchased my second ever first car, ironically enough it's a black Ford Fiesta just like my first ever first car. To explain, I bought one was I about 21 but had no real interest in learning and think I drove it three times before it eventually ended up being scrapped.

This time around though I've spent boat loads of my hard earned cash and so am determined to keep going, hard as it is when you fail - not mention expensive, £56.50 for a test plus £40 for 2 hours use of the instructors car! And no, you don't even get a smile for that £56.50!

06:41pm - Just realised that I said I haven't bought myself anything and then said I bought a car which is something of a continuity error. What I meant was I haven't bought myself anything not related to driving for 2 months - not even a CD. Besides, I can't drive the car anywhere so it doesn't count!

07:07pm - Well we had the ghost town earlier so let's have a ghost ship now. I've always been fascinated with this story since I was a child, from what I've read about it in the past the cargo although it was alcohol was the stuff the use to make port or something like that - it wasn't really drinkable as it was anyway - so if it was targeted by Pirates why did they leave it all untouched?

07:41am - Thinking of wrapping this up now. If I can't think of anything worth writing about by the next time I'm due to write something then I'll probably just call it a day.

In the meantime, here's some metal:



08:37pm - Yup I'm calling time on this little project. It was fun to do but a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, different way to start a new blog I suppose!

No comments: