A couple of years back I wrote about a couple of dreams that I’d had about the Fonz and Killer Whales. Just recently I had another very vivid dream which was quite distressing, but has given me the basis of an idea for my next book that I’ll not write.
The dream was about this woman, slightly rotund but not obese, in her mid 40’s with deep sea blue penetrating eyes. This woman was a serial killer with her pattern being that she only killed men.
Basically she lured men into thinking she was this vulnerable little dear lady and then when she had them where she wanted them she would strike, always using a knife. I don’t really remember why but there was some empathy for her and she was doing what she was doing partially down to a haunted past. I don’t know what that past was and there would be where my author’s licence would kick in.
Anyway her identity got out and I saw her in the street, wearing jeans, a lumberjack type shirt (blue and black patches) with a black hooded sweatshirt underneath with the hood pulled over her head. Recognising her and underestimating her because of her size comparable to mine I try to challenge her. She stares at me and I get the chill running right through me, before she takes off down the street.
For some reason I decide to give chase and chase her down to some secluded spot (possibly a canal or some dingy side alley, I can’t recall) where she suddenly turns. Again here I can’t really recall what happens but there is either a conversation or simply I tackle her but it ends in a small struggle with me being stabbed once in the chest and then, like the heart attack dream I spoke of at the end of the killer whale one, it all goes black.
I then shot up in bed and I was sweating and breathing heavily (and no, there wasn’t someone at the end of a phone!). I’ve decided to call the lady in this dream Mrs (or Ms.) Hartline. Why Hartline? Well I could say it has connotation with being stabbed in the chest and dying and whatnot but the simple truth is when I logged onto KFFL to see if there had been any trade / signing news in the NFL that surname leapt off the page. It’s apparently the name of some rookie that didn’t get drafted but then got signed afterwards and I just loved the name for the character.
I need to stop dying when I go to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to know that we have yet another thing in common. My canon of unwritten masterpieces is truly awe inspiring :p
Post a Comment