Monday, August 03, 2009

Getting To The Point...Not Straight Away Tho!

So I was going to write a long winded bunch of waffle about what I've been up to, mainly so I could get to the point as to why I'm blogging, that being to post a poem I've written. But I can't just put it up as obviously you all need context (I know what's best for you!).

Basically a couple of weekends ago I drove up to Shell Island (I FINALLY passed my driving test in June!) with some friends and we spent a couple of days camping there. We were actually going to stay longer but both mine and my friends' tents suffered severe pole damage early on the Sunday morning so we called it a weekend.

Anyway, I took a notepad with me hoping I could get some writing in and so whilst my camping friends were reading / having a sleep I went up to a bench overlooking the sea and came up with what is surely a poetry sensation which I'll put in my next post. As you may be able to tell, I was feeling very relaxed at the time and used the sea as my inspiration. I actually finished it off a few days after I came home as part way through composing it one of my mates came over to me and suggested we went for a pint - yes, it was a real tough decision!

No comments: